From an unforgettable welcome to their exquisite breakfasts down to the extra little niceties you may have missed, these award-winning Canadian hotels and independent accommodations are turning heads in 2018.
In order to help guide you to an unmatched stay on your next trip, we’ve compiled the trivago Awards 2018 showcasing the Best Hotels across Canada!
Properties that go the extra mile for pets, that surprise with evening turndown service or that simply have a one-of-a-kind location… don’t pass up the chance to make your next hotel stay one that is tip-top!
Canada’s Top Five-Star Hotel ★★★★★
Rosewood Hotel Georgia (Vancouver | 9.5 tRI™)
The five stars that dazzle in Downtown Vancouver
“What does Canada’s best luxury hotel look like?”, you ask. In 2018, spin your way through the revolving doors into the world of the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. With carefully chosen furnishings and luxury amenities, it’s no wonder that past guests have given near-perfect scores to this Downtown Vancouver institution.
You may anticipate the Italian linens, deep-soaking tubs and skyline views in-room, but plunging into the hotel’s indoor saltwater lap pool under soaring ceilings is beyond imagination. A spotlight on the Rosewood Georgia also points to dining options from the Prohibition Cocktail Bar (alluding to the hotel’s Roaring Twenties past) to macarons at Bel Café, from nibbles on the Garden Terrace to award-winning haute cuisine at Hawksworth Restaurant.Book me in! »
The Top 10 Five-Star Hotels across Canada
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia – Vancouver
- Fairmont Pacific Rim – Vancouver
- Abigail’s Hotel – Victoria
- The Adelaide Hotel – Toronto
- The Ritz Carlton Montreal – Montreal
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel – Victoria
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa – Vancouver
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal – Montreal
- Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa – Victoria
- The Ritz Carlton Toronto – Toronto
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Canada’s Top Four-Star Hotel ★★★★
Auberge Saint-Antoine (Quebec City | 9.5 tRI™)
The award-winning allure of Nouvelle-France
A darling of hotel accolades from Canada and abroad, the Auberge Saint-Antoine is a must-stay when visiting Quebec City. With a structural heritage that dates back six centuries, your stay toes the line between museum, art gallery, hotel and home.
As a Relais & Chateaux property in the country’s fine dining heartland, you should expect nothing less than being blown away by the creations at Chez Muffy with a wine cellar that stocks over 12,000 bottles. Santé!Book me in! »
The Top 10 Four-Star Hotels across Canada
- Auberge Saint Antoine – Quebec City
- L’Hermitage Hotel – Vancouver
- Le Germain Hotel Québec – Quebec
- Harbour House Hotel – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Loden Hotel – Vancouver
- Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square – Toronto
- The Magnolia Hotel & Spa – Victoria
- Hotel Gault – Montreal
- First Tracks Lodge – Whistler
- Le Vincent Urban Hotel – Quebec City
★ ★ ★ ★
Canada’s Top Three-Star Hotel ★★★
Brookside Inn (Abbotsford | 9.4 tRI™)
A shining jewel in the Fraser Valley
Who needs Vancouver when the Fraser Valley is right next door! And all you need to complete your weekend plans away is the Brookside Inn. Sandi and Chris have named each of the luxury suites at their boutique hotel after a classic romantic flick from Roman Holiday to The Secret Garden.
Whether you’re visiting Abbotsford for some wine tasting, a trip to the spa or simply to escape the city, you’ll find a refined home base on the grounds of the Brookside Inn.Book me in! »
The Top 10 Three-Star Hotels across Canada
- Brookside Inn – Abbotsford
- L’Hôtel du Vieux Québec – Quebec City
- The James Hotel – Saskatoon
- Antigonish Evergreen Inn – Antigonish
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo St. Jacobs – Waterloo
- The Great George – Charlottetown
- Idlewyld Inn & Spa – London
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Halifax-Downtown – Halifax
- Le Pleasant Hôtel & Café – Sutton
- Delta Hotels Waterloo – Waterloo
★ ★ ★
How were the winners chosen?
Just as trivago aggregates hotel prices from across the web, we also aggregate guest reviews and ratings for a wide variety of amenities and services for all hotels that display prices on trivago. The reviews are then assigned an overall score by amenity or service category using an internally developed algorithm. The overall score is displayed on trivago, making it easy for travellers to compare amenities and services offered as they search for their ideal hotel.
For the trivago Awards 2018, the hotel with the highest score in each awarded category is deemed the category winner. To ensure accuracy, a minimum of 20 reviews were required for award eligibility.
The result: A comprehensive list of the cream of the crop in hospitality, and prestige and recognition for the hardworking hoteliers behind the winning hotels.
Canada’s Top Independent Accommodation
BranCliff Inn 1859 (Niagara-on-the-Lake | 9.5 tRI™)
The picturesque stay for an extra special time in Niagara-on-the-Lake
It’s only fitting that Canada’s favourite independent accommodation should be in Niagara-on-the-Lake, possibly the country’s cutest small town. It shouldn’t be any more surprising then to find three other winners in the Niagara region.
The BranCliff Inn leads the charge with its quaint six-suite bed & breakfast just one block over from the shops of Queen Street. A generous breakfast spread, a particularly warm welcome and the building’s inherent charm as a former schoolhouse have won the hearts of trivago users.Book me in! »
The Top 10 Independent Accommodation across Canada
- BranCliff Inn 1859 – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Always Inn Bed And Breakfast – Niagara Falls
- Historic Davy House B&B – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Queen Anne Inn – Annapolis Royal
- Au Saut du Lit – Magog
- Fairholme Manor Inn – Victoria
- Cozy Inn – Niagara Falls
- Bed & Breakfast du Village – Montreal
- The Inn at the Ninth Hole – Salmon Arm
- Summerside Inn – Summerside
Canada’s Best Value for Money $$$
Historic Davy House B&B (Niagara-on-the-Lake | 9.3 tRI™)
A haven of relaxation that will also put your wallet at ease
Look no further than the Historic Davy House B&B in Niagara-on-the-Lake for a charming getaway that’s also big on value. Your hosts Flo and Jeff will not overlook any detail of your stay including the gourmet breakfasts presented with extra panache and the optimal temperature of the hot tub.
Guests at this inn, dating back to 1842, can make use of free onsite parking and garden access (the ultimate indulgence with an afternoon tea and a good read in hand) — with rooms starting from $160. Save even more with discounted Sunday Evening performances at the Shaw Festival (just seven minutes away by foot) and you have an affordable weekend away made!Book me in! »
The Top 10 Best Value for Money across Canada
- Historic Davy House B&B – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Canyon Ridge Lodge – Golden
- A Seafaring Maiden B&B – Granville Ferry
- The Inn at the Ninth Hole – Salmon Arm, BC
- Accommodations Niagara B&B – Niagara Falls
- Azelia Farmhouse – Antigonish
- Serenity Ranch – Ancaster
- Graystone Bed and Breakfast – Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Home Lodge B&B – Golden
- Abbeymoore Manor – Victoria
$ $ $
Canada’s Top-Rated Hotel Chains
Canadians are also loyal to their hotel chains — and when it comes to loyalty, it’s certainly to those that roll out the high thread count Egyptian cotton welcome mat. We’re talking Canada’s homegrown luxury hotel chains.
Fairmont Raffles Hotels International – FRHI (19 properties across Canada)
A trusted custodian of some of Canada’s most historic hotel landmarks, FRHI’s collection of luxury properties extends beyond the former Canadian Pacific hotels to far-reaching corners of the globe. Look forward to the new Fairmont Wuhan and the Fairmont Citystars Sharm El Sheikh opening in 2018.
Some of FRHI’s most-loved Canadian properties include…
- The Fairmont Pacific Rim – Vancouver
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac – Quebec City
- The Fairmont Waterfront – Vancouver
- The Fairmont Hotel Palliser – Calgary
Four Seasons (3 properties across Canada)
Rooted in a “service culture”, the Four Seasons has grown over the past half-century from a Toronto motor inn to a network of 105 properties spanning 43 countries that continue to put their guests first.
Check in to the Four Seasons’ Canadian hotels…
Are you a Canadian hotelier? Visit the trivago Hotel Manager blog to learn more about the people behind these award-winning properties.
Do you have your own award-winning hotel in mind? Nominate them in the comment section!