Step 1: When is the Last Day of School in 2018?
The days are getting longer and students (and teachers alike) are itching for their two months of sunny freedom. Here, we break down “when is the last day of school in 2018” province by province…
Last Day of School 2018 in British Columbia
- Vancouver School Board, Richmond School District, Surrey Schools, and most BC school boards have their last day of school on Thursday, June 28th
Last Day of School 2018 in Alberta
- Calgary Board of Education, Calgary Catholic School District, Edmonton Public Schools and Edmonton Catholic Schools take off on summer vacation as of Thursday, June 28th
Last Day of School 2018 in Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon Public Schools will have its last day of school on Wednesday, June 27th
- Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools, Regina Public Schools and Regina Catholic Schools will be done on Thursday, June 28th
Last Day of School 2018 in Manitoba
- Schools in Manitoba either end on Thursday, June 28th or Friday, June 29th depending on the school district.
Last Day of School 2018 in Ontario
- The standard last day of school across Ontario is Thursday, June 28th given a PA Day on the Friday. This includes the TDSB, TCDSB, Peel Schools, and York Region schools.
Last Day of School 2018 in Quebec
- Most school boards across Quebec have designated Friday, June 22nd as the last day of school ahead of St-Jean on the following Monday.
Last Day of School 2018 in New Brunswick
- All New Brunswick schools will have their last day of classes on Friday, June 22nd.
Last Day of School 2018 in Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia schools will be done for the school year on Friday, June 29th.
Last Day of School 2018 in Prince Edward Island
- Students at PEI schools will be out of class as of Wednesday, June 27th.
Last Day of School 2018 in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Schools across Newfoundland & Labrador will be wrapped up on Thursday, June 28th.
Last Day of School 2018 in the Yukon
- Whitehorse schools take off for the summer on Friday, June 8th while rural schools in the Yukon may differ.
Last Day of School 2018 in the Northwest Territories
- Yellowknife schools will be on summer vacation as of Thursday, June 28th while the last day of school at rural schools in the NWT may differ
Last Day of School 2018 in Nunavut
- The last day of class at Nunavut schools varies greatly over the course of June by school and community
The dates given above are for quick reference. Double-check with your local school district before booking in your Summer 2018 vacations.
Step 2: The Places to Go and Things to Do This Summer
If a frantic Google search for “Things to do this summer” has led you here, you won’t be disappointed with these travel destinations both close to home and further away that shine by summer.
Edmonton[caption id="attachment_52355" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Photo by IQRemix CC-BY[/caption] [button text="Find Summer Deals from $35 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/edmonton-44246/hotel"]
Edmonton comes alive in the summer and this is one for a family road trip. Take on the River Valley by foot or segway, tuck into Alberta flank steak tacos — and no summer visit would be complete without an afternoon of barrelling down the waterslides at West Edmonton Mall.
Southern Quebec from the Ottawa Valley to the Eastern Townships
[button text="Find Summer Deals from $50 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/mont-tremblant-73107/hotel"]
Outdoor families, take note! Pop over to Quebec for your next holiday where your list of “Things to do this Summer” will undoubtedly include hiking to the top of Mont Sutton, waterskiing in Tremblant and a refreshing lake swim — all matched to an affordable luxury stay.
[button text="Find Summer Deals from $60 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/victoria-44247/hotel"]
For a family-friendly weekend in Victoria, look no further than this Mom Tested, Family Approved Guide to British Columbia’s most regal city. An evening light show, a bug zoo and a “Prince and Princess” afternoon tea await!
Southern Ontario by the Water
[button text="Find Summer Deals from $54 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/huntsville-366531/hotel"]
When Toronto starts to get a little too sticky for comfort, it’s time to get to Southern Ontario’s best lakes, waterslides and pools. Take the edge off the stifling summer humidity by whisking the family out of the city with Ontario’s best freshwater escapes.
Vancouver[caption id="attachment_54166" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Photo by Dale Simonson CC-BY[/caption] [button text="Find Summer Deals from $58 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/vancouver-53875/hotel"]
See Van City through blue-coloured glasses by taking to the water. We’ve got a different water activity for ocean lovers to cover every day of the week: from a Monday half-price kayak rental around English Bay to a Sunday sunset paddling Kitsilano Beach.
[button text="Find Summer Deals from $49 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/venice-94718/hotel/"]
Just because school is out, doesn’t mean that the learning needs to stop for all of July and August. This summer, you’re finally heading to Venice to delve into the city’s past as a storied empire — though we don’t blame you if there are a few gelato breaks in between. Our Italian editor has also added a handful of boutique hotel picks that guarantee your stay will be filled with history from the moment you wake up.
[button text="Find Summer Deals from $39 »" href="https://www.trivago.ca/tulum-51469/hotel"]
Things to do this summer ought to include more Mayan ruin explorations, water tricycles and tortilla dishes covered in mole — where to? That’ll have to be an all-inclusive outside of Cancun in lovely Tulum!
Are you ready for your Summer Vacation 2018? Tell us where you’ll be off to!